Saturday, June 25, 2011

Honesty...


I read an interesting quote the other day and decided to share it on FB.  I received some “likes” and definitely got some reactions from the “men”.  The quote was a reaction to a conversation that went on the night before.  The quote was “If you want to know if a man is honest, ask him.  If he says “yes”, he is crooked” When I found the quote my instant reaction was laughter, but I soon found myself analyzing it and realized it is VERY true. The only thing that I should have added was that this applies to both men and women. 

Some of the reactions I received were as follows:

                You go girl
                Don’t be a man hater
                Boy, who made you mad today
                Calm down

So, my response to the feedback is “YES”.  I definitely was reflecting on a conversation with a particular person.  I realized within those minutes of conversation that the responses that I was receiving were the complete opposite to reality.  I realized in those moments, once again; I was more gullible then I thought.  After all, I try to find the “good” in all and hope for the best in every situation.  I am not innocent, but I am trusting to a fault. 

However, my post was a reflection on “all” people.  I remember having conversations about “always telling the truth” and how hard it really is to be completely honest.  In prior posts, I recommended that we all try it for a day and see how very hard it can be. 

So in Keep it REAL, I apologize for not referencing “all humans”.  I will also say that when asked if I am an “honest” person, I would say “I try my best to be honest”.  This is the proper answer from someone who admits, she is not perfect.  As to my followers, you will know when someone is being dishonest.  It is your decision whether or not you want to “call it out”, “let it go”, or “run like Forest Gump”.  As for me, I am learning every day EXACTLY what I don’t want in my life.....  I can’t wait to find EXACTLY what I deserve.  As I continue to live life in the backyard...removing the “weeds” can be a challenge, but in time; the flowers will multiply and the “weeds” will soon fade….Can’t wait until my garden is full of “happiness”

No comments:

Post a Comment