Thursday, June 16, 2011

Swimming..Its not just about the Pool

Finding Nemo (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)The First Years Finding Nemo Aquarium Squirting FriendsSo today, I just can’t help but think about “swimming”.  It seems to be the saying this year and has also become our backyard favorite.  I love being outside, so any outdoor activity soon becomes at the top of the list.  I am already starting to plan our first backyard camp out with the goal of making it outside the ENTIRE night.  However, my thoughts today in regards to “swimming” are much more analytical.  As you have probably seen in prior posts, my bestie continues to sing me the song from “NEMO” in regards to every blunder, obstacle, or just plain out mistake that I make.  I can almost hear her voice in my head singing “just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”. To be quite honest, I think it is still her ring tone for when I call her. 

The thought behind the statement plays into my focus of “not looking back” and “moving forward” in life.  I tend to dwell on things from the past and this has been a true challenge for me.  But what happens when you meet that first major obstacle…the one that is easy to “swim” away from.  Do you “swim” looking for more shallow water in hopes that you can get your footing or do you “tread water” and face the waves until the water settles down?  If you swim away, you may spend days/months wondering if the waves were fun and could you have survived the challenge.  If you tread water and ride the waves, you may find yourself getting nowhere and completely exhausted.

In life, the hardest decision is determining which waves are worth riding out.  How do you know and at what point do you decide that you have been “treading” for too long.  Right?   I realize that in some situations (relationships),my bestie would stay “TREAD”.  There are other times that she would refer to “SWIM like you are being chased by Parana”.   Well, in this situation; I haven’t requested much guidance from her.  This time, I am going with my “gut” and I am going to “swim away”.  Although I have enjoyed the time, conversations, and the attention…I just feel in my gut that this “friend” is not completely honest.  I “treaded” for awhile but now the waves are getting me down and it is time to swim to the shallow water and regain my footing…
So in Keeping it REAL, always take some time to “tread” but when the waves get to high, the water to deep, and the struggle to great….It is time to swim to shallow water, plant your feet on the ground, take a breather, and prepare for your next “big wave”.  Looking forward to the weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment