Monday, April 25, 2011

The Last Holiday....

After the crazy week, my nerves finally settled down and I prepared for a fun filled (won’t think about it) weekend.  This Easter holiday marked a turning point that many would see as small..but for me it was quite big!  It is the final “first” holiday for me and the children.  The single life holidays have been filled with my family and total child focus and I loved every minute of it.  This holiday was no different.
My daughter set the table while my son socialized (to an exhausting level) with everyone in the house. I am not sure if his behaviors were a result of too much chocolate or he was just excited to see his Aunt, Uncle, and Grandmother at the house all at the same time.  Either way, I think both children enjoyed the “holiday”…Easter Bunny and ALL! 
Dinner was a success!  I think everyone enjoyed the meal and we soon found ourselves sitting around watching the 2nd thunderstorm of the weekend.  Once the storm was over, I headed to my besties house to give her a Bday gift (I just couldn’t wait until Monday)!  We relaxed on her front porch and chatted about how the “firsts” are all DONE. 
I am relieved in some ways that I survived and in others I am shocked.  I really didn’t think I would enjoy single living so much!  However, I have found that I do!  The children are adapting, the family is coming around again, and my friends are just a car “skip” away.  Life is good and just keeps getting better!
So now that my “firsts” are past me!  I, as always; have my advice.. In Keeping it REAL,  it is better to be from a broken home, then live in one!  I now realize that the counselors were RIGHT!  My kids are happier than they were 1.5 years ago!  They are not worried about “screaming”, “alcohol”, or “missing parents”.  They are now focused on what to sing in the Talent Show and who to have over for the next play date!  Although life has/will have its ups and downs, I feel safe in saying “they have their safe place…and it is in my arms in our home”…  Happy Monday and Happy Happy Birthday to “Bestie….I couldn’t have made it this far without you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment