Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring Cleaning..Oh JOY!


Ever feel like you are spinning in circles and your “to dos” are all hanging out just far enough so you can’t grab them?  Today is one of those days..  I have so much I need to do and yet I will get side tracked by another “task” or I just don’t feel like doing it (I will admit).  Tonight is going to be different….I have my brown bags for yard cleaning, oil for the lawn mower, and weed killer!!! I am hoping to Git-R-Done! 
Summer is my favorite season but I have to admit lawn care is a big problem for me.  I have a large yard and it takes a lot of time to get it under control. I also refuse to spend money on a new lawnmower and let me just say…mine is on the verge of seeing its last summer..   I also find it difficult to locate an activity for the kids to do while I am mowing.  I am definitely an “over protective mom” and thoughts wonder through my head…(surprised yet?).  An example would be:  wonder if my daughter is making a pool on the kitchen floor, has my son had enough of his sister and sent her flying across the living room, or even better have they both snuck out the back and are playing water tag across the back yard with the hose (naked)..   Mowing the lawn involves too much “alone” time and I find myself stopping to “check” on them. Most of the time they are behaving because they are pros at telling on each other.  So, I should find confidence in knowing that right?  NOT!
It will be an adventure tonight seeing how they handle themselves this year. Last year, we only had a “few” situations while I was outside..but then again we had a drought. Just think, if I get it all mowed, I will have Saturday to have fun and still manage to spend my entire day on Sunday cleaning the house… Ya me!
So here we go on a yard adventure..weeding, brush cleanup, mowing, and planting..  After all that is done, I am paying the boy down the street to put down my mulch.  I mean really…In Keeping it REAL, I might say I can do it ALL…but a little help every once in awhile won’t hurt anyone.  So my thought for the day..”GET OUTSIDE!  Enjoy the weather….and get that yard work done”  You never know who might stop by and say “your yard needs help and offer to help you”..  Have a great weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment