Saturday, April 30, 2011

I think I might have hit a dead end….


Ok, so I have now been on match.com since January.  As I have said in previous posts, I have met a number of interesting people.  I have really enjoyed the conversations and I have to admit..It brings you back to life to realize that there are people interested in you.  The only issue has always been in regards to how serious I was in finding someone and if I would ever have the courage to meet any of them in person. 
Well, it took me 2 months to finally agree to a “meeting” and then after the first time..It got easier!  It was new, exciting, and totally nerve racking each time.  I will say I TOTALLY recommend it to anyone that is divorced or having trouble getting out there.  However, as I stated before; it is not a place to find “Mr. Right”.  I have yet to meet someone who found that someone special on this site.  I have talked to people that have used other sites and due to extensive testing etc…found their lifelong soul mate.  This site pretty much has you write a paragraph about yourself and then post a few pictures.  So basically, you are going on “looks”.  You wink, you chat, and you move on…  That is the story of online dating!
So here I am at the end of month 4 and I am finding myself bored with the entire process.  I go on the site, scan through the same faces…and log out.  I sometimes will ponder and look at those that I have already met and laugh to myself.    Boy, did they lie in their BIO. … 
So tonight, I am sitting here pondering on what is next.  Do I go back to bar hopping, do I try another site, or do I take a break?  Believe it or not, I am leaning towards a break.  After all, scanning, winking, meeting, following up…is EXHAUSTING!
I have come a long way in the last few months.  I have become confident in myself and have found that there are men out there that find me interesting (poor fools).  However, I realize that I am not ready for the drama of:  is he going to call me again, how do I tell him I don’t ever want to go out again, and which one was he again…  It was fun while it lasted, but let’s Keep it REAL here.. Right?
So in closing my match.com account, my lesson for all my single ladies out there:
 If the bio says looking for my soul mate.  What he really means is “looking for my soul mate..tonight”.
 If the bio says: Loves to social drink.  What it really means is “he will drink too much when you go out”.
If the bio says: He is separated.  What it really means is “he wants to test the waters before he goes back to his wife”
If the bio says:  I am looking for a woman with a traditional relationship in mind.  What it really means is “he wants to be an old school sneaky cheater”
If the bio says: I like to snuggle up at home.  What it really means is “he doesn’t want you to stay the night”
And the BEST ONE YET:  If he posts a picture of his kids on this crazy dating site.  What it really means is that he only has one positive thing in his life…and his ex wife is raising them!!!
And my final note:  It is the weekend…What are you all doing sitting around reading my blog??  I hope everyone has a fun filled weekend and remember… “Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming…there has to be a fun place somewhere up ahead”

No comments:

Post a Comment